As I’m sure you are aware there have been a number of changes over the last year or so to Google Shopping. Google are now introducing further updates to the Google shopping feed specification to provide merchants with a much better way of reaching more shoppers and flexibility in organising their product data.
The changes are as follows, in Google’s words:
- Mobile landing page links should be submitted separately to direct mobile shoppers to the right experience
- Merchant-defined custom bundles such as a camera with additional case and lens, must now be identified as such in order to be displayed appropriately on Shopping
- Apparel attributes are added to allow more detailed descriptions of your apparel products
- Item availability now simplified to allow a clearer distinction between different availability states
- Mandatory character limits clearly stated for each attribute to help the right product information being displayed
There is also going to be a revision of image quality recommendations and new policies for landing pages coming in the near future but as of yet there is no guide on this.
Changes to the Google Shopping feed specification will be put into effect beginning September 30th 2014 but you can submit the new policies straight away.
Google Shopping Feed Specification Resources
To find these, go to the “updated feed specification” found in the Merchant Centre help Centre.
Speak with a SpecialistOur Google Shopping Services