It’s no secret that advertising on mobile can be hard, the screens are a lot smaller than desktop PC’s, the connection is usually slower and you have your audience’s attention for a shorter period of time. Mobile advertising will always be a hard task but there are many ways you can improve your mobile conversion rates, but filling in a form on mobile will always be harder than on a desktop, there is no doubt about it.
Over the last few years, the number of mobile users has risen to a new level and according to Google, the majority of the traffic is now converting on mobile devices. We live in a busy, fast-paced era where mobile is the quickest and easiest way to find something, so if you have a slow website that isn’t particularly user-friendly and no time to fix it, then Google Ads could provide the solution.
What is A Google Lead Form Extension?
The Google lead extension will appear beneath your search ad on mobiles, tablets and most handheld devices connected to the internet. They allow users to provide contact information directly through your advert in the SERPs, eliminating the need for users to visit your mobile site to convert. If the user is signed into their Google account then the form will already be pre-populated with their contact information and all they need to do is simply submit the form.
Like all ad extensions, advertisers only pay when a user clicks on your form extension, however, your form is not guaranteed to show all the time. Lead forms work only as an extension to an existing Search Campaign so bidding and targeting options are determined by the campaign your form is being attached to.
How To Set Up A Lead Form Extension
The new Google Ads Lead Extension can be added to both new and existing Search campaigns and it’s a fairly straightforward process. In order to add this extension to a campaign follow these simple steps:
For new campaigns:
- Login to Google Ads account.
- Under the left panel, click on All Campaigns.
- Go To Campaigns and Click the plus icon and select New campaign
- Select Leads as goal under campaign type, select search campaign and proceed by clicking continue.
- In the campaign settings process go to “Ad extensions” list and use Lead form extension.
- For setting this up for the first time you will be asked by Google to review and accept the terms of service of this feature
- Select extension call-to-action for this and type in your extension text you would like to show.
- Create the lead form with relevant information to display under headline and description
- Provide the details
- Click Save and viola!
For existing campaigns:
- After signing in
- Select the right search campaign where you want to add the extension
- Go to ads and extensions and select Lead form extensions
- Use the plus icon to select Lead form extension.
- If it’s the first time you will be asked by Google to review and accept the terms of service of this feature
- Create the lead form extension, following the instructions above.
- Click Save.
- Whenever a lead form is opened and clicked on, it will always be tracked as a lead form click.
- Once a form has been clicked on, filled in and submitted it will be counted as a lead conversion.
- Advertisers can see their click and conversion rate performance by separating the performance report by Click and Conversion type.
- When using the Lead Form Extension you can download your leads straight from the campaign as a CSV file, it is important to do this regularly as they will only be stored for 30 days.
Want To Find Out More About The New Google Ads Lead Extension?
If you want to find out more about the new Google Ads Lead Extension and what it could mean for your business, contact one of our specialists today!